Invites for PS5 Firmware Beta v4.0-09.00.00 are being sent to gamers who have signed up to the beta testing program. If you’ve been selected to participate in the beta, you should have received an email invitation already with a code to download the beta firmware.
This major firmware update will release to the public in the coming months, once the beta has completed. Changes in this update include enhancements to the DualShock wireless controller, which improve both the build-in mic and speaker. For those that Share Screen, the update includes new interaction options allowing viewers to move a pointer around and share emoji-based reactions.
You can check out the release notes below:
Version Beta v4.0-09.00.00 Release Notes
- DualSense wireless controller built-in mic and speaker audio enhancements
- Controller speaker enhancements. The controller speakers can now produce higher volume sound, allowing you to hear in-game sounds and voice chat audio more clearly.
- Improved noise cancellation. The mic input quality on these controllers has been improved, courtesy of a new AI machine learning model. Background noise from button presses and game audio are suppressed, resulting in a better voice chat experience. Install the system software beta and update the controller device software to enjoy enhanced clarity of your voice chat audio when using the controller mic.
- With this update, you may feel that the sounds coming from your controller speaker may sound louder. You can adjust the controller speaker volume from the control center.
- Share Screen Interactions
- Viewers can move a pointer around, send a ping or draw a line on the shared screen, allowing them to highlight certain objects or areas to guide the host player more accurately.
- Viewers can send emoji-based reactions to the host’s screen to visually encourage and celebrate gameplay actions.
- Note: this feature is available by default but can be turned off by the host in the Share Screen settings. Both the host and the viewer must be participating in the beta to use this feature during the beta period.
- Adjust Brightness of PS5 Power Indicator