Sony has released a new firmware update for the PS5, updating the system software to v23.02-08.20.00. The update is currently optional to install. Changes include improvements to the music control centre, and the ability to hide your surroundings when broadcasting with your PlayStation VR2.
The system software release notes can be found below, which also includes improvements to messages and usability on some screens. The last major firmware update was PS5 Firmware 8.00, which released in mid-September.
PS5 Firmware Version 23.02-08.20.00
- Music in the control center is now much easier to use. With its two-column layout, you can easily browse various categories, playlists, and songs.
- You can avoid unintentionally broadcasting your surroundings while broadcasting games with your PlayStation VR2.
- Go to Settings > Accessories > PlayStation VR2, and turn on Block See-Through View on TV to prevent the camera see-through image from being displayed on your TV while using your PS VR2.
- If you say “What’s new?” via Voice Command on any screen, you can now check for new PS5 features.
- Currently, Voice Command (Preview) is only available in English for players with accounts for PlayStation Network in the US and UK.
- We’ve improved the messages and usability on some screens.