Once again, PlayStation Access have created a useful Q&A video answering 10 questions about the upcoming console, revealing some new information about the PS4. The video reveals new details on some of the PS4’s features, like party chat and increased friends list. It also clarifies some older points, like DualShock 3 support and PlayStation Move compatibility, and 3D games.
Watch the video or read the summary below.
PS4 Q&A Video:
- The PS4 will have party chat, like the PS Vita, allowing you to chat to a number of people at the same time.
- The friend limit on the PS4 has been increased from 100 to a massive 2,000 friends.
- As previously mentioned, the DualShock 3 controller from the PS3 will not be supported on the PS4, but it will support the existing PlayStation Move controller.
- You’ll need a PlayStation Plus subscription to play games online. You won’t need a subscription to access other online services like Netflix or free-to-play titles.
- The launch PS4 will only be available in “Jet Black”, but Sony may introduce other colours in the future.
- The PS4 will support 3D content just like the PS3, but more information on this will be revealed in the future.
- The PS4 launch console will come with a 500GB SATA Hard Drive, which can be swapped for a larger device or even a Solid State version.
- The PS4 camera can shoot video in 3D and had 4 microphones to record directional sounds. The camera will support Augmented Reality, like The PlayRoom.
- The PS4’s OS is called the PlayStation Dynamic Menu, and replaces the XMB (or Xross Media Bar) found on the PS3. You’ll be able to customised the layout, manage your downloads and see what your friends are up to from the new menu.
- Your PSN / SEN ID, avatar and privacy settings will transfer over to the PS4. The PS4 will let you control who can see your personal details too.