Sony’s Press Conference at Gamescom features a number of new announcements and information for both the PS Vita and PS3. Several new titles were announced for both platforms as well as new trailers to previously announced titles. Read our summary of the conference below.
- New PS Vita bundle is coming on September. The bundle will include LittleBigPlanet for PS Vita and a Wi-fi model of the portable console, for €249.99.
- Four new characters were unveiled for PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale. Ratchet from Ratchet and Clank, Spike from Ape Escape, Dante from Devil May Cry and Sackboy from LittleBigPlanet.
- Cross-Buy the PS Vita was announced by Sony. Purchasing the PS3 version of PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale will bag you the PS Vita version for free. Other titles like Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time and Ratchet and Clank: Q-Force will support cross-buy too.
- First trailer for Call of Duty Black Ops Declassified was revealed. The game will feature 4 vs. 4 multiplayer over wi-fi, including game modes like team deathmatch. The game will be set between the events from the first Black Ops title and the upcoming Black Ops 2 game. The game will make use of the touch screen and the Near app too. PS Vita bundle will be available at launch featuring a custom Black Ops PS Vita model and the game.
- PSOne Classics will be coming to the PS Vita on August 28th.
- New IP from MediaMolecule for PS Vita was announced, called “Tear Away”. An adventure game with character called Iota. Features rear-panel multi-touch, front touch screen, microphone.
- Killzone Mercenary will be coming to PS Vita too. Completely new game created for the Vita. More info in coming months.
- PlayStation Mobile (PSM) will be launching this autumn, available on certified devices and the PS Vita. Users can use their SEN account and the PlayStation Store to download games and apps for their devices. Buy once and use it across all your devices.
- Two more PSM partners were announced too: Asus and wikipad.
- PlayStation Plus will be heading to the PS Vita for €49.99 a year. More details will be announced soon.
- Assassin’s Creed III on PS3 will have exclusive launch-day DLC with four exclusive missions and over a hour of extra gameplay.
- PS3 Essentials range was announced. Titles like LittleBigPlanet, inFamous and Uncharted will cost just €19.99.
- LittleBigPlanet 2 Cross-Controller for PS3 and PS Vita coming later this year. Users will be able to create cross-controller games, allowing Vita owners to get a unique view of the level, make use of the touch screen and more.
- 5 new games coming to PlayStation Plus over the next few months. Red Dead Redemption will be Game of Month for September.
- PS Plus members will be getting 1GB cloud storage for save data in September.
- PlayStation Plus will be cut by 25% for a two week period for European gamers
- Diggs Nightcrawler for Wonderbook trailer was revealed. Sony is also working with BBC to bring Walking with Dinosaurs to Wonderbook. Disney is also working with Wonderbook.
- FIFA 13 will include PlayStation Move features. Coming September 28th in Europe.
- Three new PS3 IPs announced:
- “Until Dawn” will be a PlayStation Move title with 7 different playable characters. It’s a Horror game where player must keep characters alive “Until Dawn”.
- RAIN, from Japan Studio, is about a invisible boy who’s movement can only be seen in the Rain. “Rain” is a working title for the game.
- Puppeteer is second title from Japan Studio. The game is about a boy who has turned into a puppet. Game is set on a interactive stage with the background and foregound moving.