Electronic Arts has announced that “there have been some misunderstandings around Battlefield 1943 and Battlefield 3” and they intend to deliver the promised free copy of Battlefield 1943. Games in Europe can start claiming the game from tomorrow, while gamers in North America will have to wait until December 10th, followed by those in Asia the week after on December 17th.
To download your copy of Battlefield 1943 for the PlayStation 3 you will need to follow the steps below.
- Activate your Battlefield 3 Online Pass for the PlayStation 3 using the voucher included in the game (see step #5 for additional instructions).
- Visit 1943redemption.battlefield.com on or after the dates outlined above for your region and log in with your Origin ID and password.
- Select your territory. Note vouchers do not work across regions.
- You will then receive a PlayStation 3 voucher for Battlefield 1943.
- input your voucher into the PlayStation Network store. Instructions below.
- From the XMB (cross media-bar) of the PlayStation 3 connected to a network, choose [account management] under the [PlayStation Network].
- From the menu select redeem codes.
- Enter voucher and select continue.
- Download Battlefield 1943.