Sony has released a new major firmware update for the PS4, updating the system software to v10.0. The update includes improvements to the Internet Browser as well as the Remote Play functionality. The PS4 Firmware update was release alongside PS5 Firmware v22.02-06.00.00, which includes the same improvements.
You can checkout the PS4 Firmware 9.50 release notes below, which also includes the oddly-timed Ukrainian language support.
PS4 Firmware 10.0 Release Notes:
- While using the Internet Browser, you can now select between two types of zoom functions.
- “Zoom” lets you increase the size of the elements on the page while adjusting their layout so everything fits without having to scroll left and right.
- “Magnify” increases the size of everything on the page without layout adjustments.
The maximum zoom/magnification rate is now 500%.
- We’ve updated the following for Remote Play.
- It’s now easier to use the keyboard on your PC or Mac when using PS Remote Play.
- We’ve removed the text entry box so you can use your keyboard to type directly onto your PS5 console or PS4 console.
- In addition to typing, you can also now use the keyboard to control games that support it.