Sony has released a new major firmware update for the PS4, updating the system software to v9.50. Similar to the PS5 firmware update also released today, this update improves Party functionality, letting you choose between open and closed parties.
You can checkout the PS4 Firmware 9.50 release notes below, which also includes the oddly-timed Ukrainian language support.
PS4 Firmware 9.50 Release Notes:
In (Party), we’ve updated the following:
- Now when you start a party, you can select either an open party or a closed party.
- An open party lets your friends join without an invite. Friends of party members can also join.
- A closed party is only for players you invite.
- You can now individually adjust the voice chat volume of each player in a party.
Other updated features
- We’ve added Ukrainian language support.