Rocket League is getting a new update tomorrow, 18th August 2021, adding content from Insomniac Ratchet & Clank series. Gamers will be able to pick up a Ratchet & Clank bundle just by logging in, which includes a Decal, Negatron Collider Boost, and two Balloon Toppers. The game also improves PS5 compatibility with support for 120hz TVs.
Also starting on 18th August, Rocket League on the PlayStation 5 will support 120hz TVs via a new “Video Quality” setting added within the Video Settings menu. This allows players to select Quality or Performance modes, each with its own benefits:
- 4K resolution at 60 FPS with HDR
- HDR requires HDR10 compatible display and HDMI 2.0 cable or better
- 4K capable display required to experience 4K. If a 1080p display is used, the game will render at 1080p supersampled from 4K
- Game runs at 2688×1512 resolution (70% of full 4K) at 120 FPS with HDR
- Game UI runs in 4K
- 4K capable display required to experience 4K UHD. If a 1080p display is used, the game will render at 1080p supersampled from 2688×1512
- HDR and 120 FPS require a compatible display, as well as Ultra High Speed HDMI 2.1 cable
The update also bring a new PlayStation Plus exclusive pack of content. PlayStation Plus subscribers will be able to claim the new pack via the PlayStation Store from 24th August, which will include:
- Goop GE Animated Decal
- Hard Hat GE Topper
- Magmus GE Boost
- Reaper GE Wheels
The Ratchet & Clank content will be available in Rocket League until 3rd January 2022.