Insomniac Games have released a new patch for recently released PS5 exclusive Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart, updating the game to v1.001.003. The patch is a minor update to the game, addressing bugs and issues, and improving the stability. The patch is available to download now and is roughly 300 MB in size, so it will be quick to download and install.
The fixes include general stability improvements and patching bugs that prevent player progression. The patch also disables the 120Hz display output in Performance modes, while Insomniac investigates visual issues on some displays. You can check out the full patch notes below.
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart Update 1.001.003 Patch notes
- Improved general game stability
- Prevented players from getting stuck if a weapon video does not play
- Addressed an issue where the player could become stuck during the Phantom chase
- Addressed an issue where Rivet could spawn without the hammer
- Addressed an issue where Rivet could become stuck after collecting Zurpstones in Challenge Mode
- Various additional fixes
- Disabled automatic 120 Hz display output in Performance modes
- Prior to this update, if “Enable 120 Hz Output” was set in the system settings, using the Performance RT or Performance mode would auto-detect a 120 Hz-capable display and use a 120 Hz output mode. While this did not change the game’s frame rate, it did reduce input latency by ~8 ms. However, entering this mode introduced visual compatibility issues with some displays that we didn’t feel comfortable imposing automatically on players. We’re exploring ways to re-introduce this input latency reduction feature in a future update.