Watch Dogs: Legion is finally getting the long promised online multiplayer mode, Ubisoft has announced. A free update will be available to all owners of the game in March, including the PS4 and PS5, adding a number of multiplayer modes including free-roam and co-op missions.
The update will be available from 9th March 2021, across PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PC, Stadia and Ubisoft+. The multiplayer mode will build on the foundations of the previous Watch Dogs games, with the following modes available:
- Free-roam open-world co-op – Team up with up to three other players and explore London. Take on city events, challenges and side activities.
- New co-op missions for 2-4 players – Take on co-op missions and recruit the perfect team to fight back against London threats.
- Leader of the Pack – a first four-player Tactical Op mission requiring require teamwork and efficiency.
- Spiderbot Arena – this is a PvP mode where four players control armed spiderbots in free-for-all-deathmatch.
Players will earn XP as they complete online activities and mission, which will increase their rank and unlock various rewards, including exclusive cosmetics and influence points to recruit new operatives or upgrade their DedSec gadgets.
Season Pass holders will also have access to two single-player missions on 9th March 2021, these are:
- Guardian Protocol – DedSec tracks an algorithm that could allow AI to override human decisions. If they don’t find it, it could be used to turn weaponized drones into autonomous executioners.
- Not in Our Name – A secret group is stealing DedSec’s name. Worse, they’re also stealing information so their employer, a ruthless tabloid owner, can use it to blackmail their victims.