Epic Game has revealed that Fortnite will support next-gen consoles from launch, and has detailed the improvements the game will receive to support the upcoming consoles. Fortnite will be available on the PS5 when the console launches on 12th / 19th November 2020.
Fortnite will also be available on the Xbox Series X|S when it launches on 10th November 2020. The next-gen version will include a number of improvements, including support for 4K resolution at 60 FPS, loading improvements and DualSense features including haptic feedback.
Fortnite on the PS5
- 4K Resolution at 60 FPS — Experience Fortnite on PlayStation like never before on PlayStation5 with stunning 4K running at a smooth 60 FPS.
- Dynamic Visuals and Physics — Experience a more dynamic and interactive world with grass and trees responding to explosions, enhanced fluid simulations for smoke and liquid (cooler-looking smoke and liquid effects), and all-new Storm and cloud effects.
- DualSense Controller Immersion — Haptic feedback makes it feel like you’re holding the Suppressed SMG or Bolt-Action Sniper Rifle. In addition to general vibration support, we’ve integrated haptic trigger feedback for ranged weapons on the new DualSense controller.
- Select Your Favorite Mode from the PS5 Home Screen — Fortnite supports PS5’s Activities, starting with the ability to go straight into the Battle Royale Lobby with either Solo, Duos, or Squads selected. Once in the Lobby, choose to queue up for your selected mode!
- Get into Matches Faster — Loading performance has been significantly upgraded, not only improving texture loading but also helping you get into a match from game start-up much faster.
- Enhanced Split Screen — On PS5, Split Screen now supports 60 FPS.