As we near the launch of Assassin’s Creed Valhalla on 10th November, Ubisoft has confirmed the post launch content for the game, which includes two expansions and a season pass. The plans also include lots of free content in addition to paid expansions.
Season pass holders will get a exclusive quest called The Legend of Beowulf, and will be available from launch.
The first of the two expansions is called Wrath of the Druids, and will see players travelling to Ireland. This expansion is due in Spring 2021. The second expansion is called The Siege of Paris and will have players visit the French capital. This is expected in Summer 2021.
The free content will be released across seasons, with each season lasting three months. Season one will include:
- A new settlement area, allowing players to continue to grow and evolve their settlement.
- A traditional Viking Festival: the Yule Festival, for players to experience in their settlement.
- A new game mode: the River Raids. Building on Valhalla’s core raiding mechanic the mode will deliver a dynamic, challenging and highly replayable raid experience.
- The addition of the Ranks for Jomsviking. Players can create a lieutenant to be part of their raiding crew, and also recruit some from their friends and the community. In Season 1, players will see an update to the Jomsviking feature which will allow their Jomsviking to earn XP and rank up – the higher the rank of the lieutenant, the more silver players will earn when recruited by other players.
- Each season will also come with new player skills and abilities, weapons and gear, and cosmetic items for the settlement, longship, horse and raven.
Season two will be available in March 2021.