Sony has revealed that a overwhelming majority of the 4,000+ PS4 games are playable on PS5 consoles. To date, Sony has listed just 10 games that won’t work on the PS5, although it did not reveal why they do not work.
While the majority of PS4 games are playable on PS5 consoles, below is a list of PS4 games that are playable on PS4 only. On PlayStation Store, PS4 games that are not playable on the PS5 console will be marked with ‘Playable on: PS4 only’.
PS4 only games:
- Afro Samurai 2 Revenge of Kuma Volume One
- TT Isle of Man – Ride on the Edge 2
- Just Deal With It!
- Shadow Complex Remastered
- Robinson: The Journey
- We Sing
- Hitman Go: Definitive Edition
- Joe’s Diner
Both the PS5 and PS5 Digital Edition will be able to play 4000+ PS4 games, but it’s worth noting that physical games (i.e. those on Blu-ray disc) won’t work on the PS5 Digital Edition as the console does not have a disc drive.
Playing PS4 game discs on a PS5 console with a disc drive
- Insert the PS4 game disc. You may need to download an update.
- Select the game hub from your Games home.
- You will need to keep the disc inserted each time to play the game.
Install a PS4 digital game on a PS5 console
- Select game library from your Games home.
- Select the game you want to play.
- If you haven’t already downloaded the game, select Download.
- The game will install automatically. Depending on the game, you may have the option to copy and play a portion of the game right away.