Sony has posted their financial reports, revealing another great year for the company. PlayStation accounted for almost 35% of the company’s profits with worldwide sales reaching 96.8 million units worldwide.
Within a few months, the PS4 is likely to overtake PS1 lifetime sales of 104 million units. PlayStation Plus subscribers continue to grow with 36.4 million users, and PlayStation Now with 700,000 subscribers.
Here are the top five arms of Sony in terms of profit:
- Game & Network Services : ¥311.1bn / $2.81B (34.8%)
- Music : ¥232.5bn / $2.10B (26%)
- Financial Services : ¥161.5bn / $1.46B (18.1%)
- Semiconductors : ¥143.9bn / $1.30 (16.1%)
- Home Entertainment & Sound : ¥89.7bn / $0.810B (10%)
Sony have said that a huge amount of money (around Y31.1 billion) will be invested in the PS5. According to reports, the PS5 will not be release until at least March 2020, when the current financial year ends.