Sony has revealed that it is to shutdown the servers for racing simulator DriveClub a year from now. The servers for the game will be switched off on 31st March 2020, and the game’s DLC and season passes will be removed from the PlayStation Store in August.
The shutdown will affect the online modes of DriveClub, Driveclub VR and Driveclub Bikes. Here’s a list of what you will and won’t be able to do following the server shutdown:
You will not be able to:
- Use your season pass online.
- Represent your Club online in multiplayer events or tours.
- Play online multiplayer and compete in challenges.
- Create your own events.
- Compete in leader boards, or share stats and player progress.
You will be able to:
- Use your season pass on all single player and offline modes.
- Continue to play all game (DC, DC VR and DC Bikes) and DLC single player functionality in offline mode.
- Earn trophies in single player / offline mode.
Fans have just under a year to make the most of the game before the online component is disabled. All the game’s DLC and season passes will be removed from sale on 31st August 2019.