Destiny is getting it’s first expansion pack in December, Bungie has revealed. Dubbed The Dark Below, the expansion pack features new weapons and gear, and new story, co-operative, and multiplayer activities. The DLC will be available form December 9th 2014, for a hefty price of £19.99 (without the season pass).
Alternatively, you can get both the first and second expansion pack by purchasing the Expansion Pass for £34.99, effectively saving you around a fiver.
The full list of content is as follows:
- New weapons, armour and gear to earn, including Legendary and Exotic items
- Light Level cap raised to 32 and five additional Bounty slots added
- New story quests and missions – after years hiding amongst the Hive shadows, a new character, Eris, has come forth bearing an ominous warning: The Hive seek to summon a god, Crota, to destroy the Earth. Find Eris in the Tower to take on special quests that include three new missions where you will increase your Light and earn new rewards
- New co-operative Strike, The Will of Crota, pits you and your Fireteam against Omnigul as she works to expand the Hive army at the command of her master, Crota
- Three new competitive multiplayer arenas
- Pantheon – set deep within the Black Garden in an ancient Vex temple that features Vex-designed landscapes and tight corridors
- Skyshock – an old interplanetary defence array that offers both vehicle and infantry engagements
- The Cauldron – an abandoned Hive ritual site that offers close-quarter combat
- New six-player Raid, Crota’s End, set deep within the depths of the Hellmouth
- PlayStation platforms will also get access to an exclusive co-operative Strike, The Undying Mind and an exotic weapon, and more (timed exclusive until at least Autumn 2015)