Sony has announced that The Playroom will be getting some free DLC tonight in the form of AR Studio. The DLC was first announced back at E3 2014, and allows users to further customise their surroundings for broadcasts, by adding virtual banners, animations and more. The DLC was originally titled “Set Maker”, but has since been renamed to the more fitting title of AR Studio.
- Play your own MP3s from USB sticks in the broadcast, as well as use the custom tunes that will come in the DLC.
- You’ll be able to playback recorded PS4 footage on a projector within AR Studio, which means you can really give a detailed breakdown of what happened in them. Kind of like a weather person, but with more explosions.
- There have been new masks added to wear, as well as an expanded list of screen effects. These screen effects include Retro, Arty, Futuristic & Psychedelic.
- A ratings system has also been introduced, and there will be live polls too so you can ask questions to viewers who can answer by clicking on the interact button.
- The sets can be customised using photos and videos from your smartphone, as long as you have the PlayStation app installed.
- With the DualShock 4 you have added controller effects like confetti or smoke that can be activated during broadcasts.