Gran Turismo 5 will be getting a new game patch and DLC next week, to coincide with the launch of the GT5 Academy Edition. The game will be updated to version v1.08, and new DLC will include three brand new cars to race in.
The DLC will include the SUBARU BRZ S ’12, the Honda Weider HSV-010 (SUPER GT) ’11 and the gorgeous Nissan GT-R N24 GT Academy ’12. Each car will be available for purchase for €0.99/£0.79 and will be available on the PlayStation Store on Wednesday, September 26th 2012.
The version v2.08 patch will introduce the following new features:
- Now possible to select “Disable collisions” in the [Event Settings] of online races.
- IDs are now shown above cars when watching online races.
- Response of the clutch pedal when using the steering wheel controllers “G25 Racing Wheel”, “G27 Racing Wheel”, “T500RS” and “TH8RS” has been adjusted.
- Rate of tire wear in endurance races has been slowed (excluding formula cars).
- Amount of air resistance change when altering aerodynamic wing settings has been increased.
- Autopilot has been adjusted to prevent colliding with the wall when exiting the pit lane on the Tsukuba circuit.
- Adjusted the changes in control characteristic when altering vehicle height from standard height. (Vehicle height can be changed by adjusting ride height, either by installing a suspension kit or adjusting a full customizable suspension kit.)