The recent PS3 Firmware v3.21 update is at the center of many discussions at the moment, but this time the issues are more serious than the removal of the OtherOS feature. The appear to be the centre of much of the discussions, with many users complaining of problems on the PS3 after installing the update.
The problems experienced by users range from simple Internet connectivity issues to the serious Yellow Light of Death (YLOD) problem, and seems limited to the older PS3 models (not the PS3 Slim). Some of the issues experienced by users include:
- Problems with download/installing the update
- Inability to use/connect certain PS3 controllers
- Game/XMB crashes
- Slow Internet connection and frequent disconnections
- Failure to connect to PSN
- Yellow Light of Death (YLOD)
- HDMI Issues
While many users have been able to update their console successfully, others were not so lucky. If you are experiencing issues, tell us about them below and don’t forget to contact Sony Customer Services.