The latest custom firmware from Dark_AleX and Team M33 is now available to download. The custom firmware utilizes the latest Official firmware 4.01 (as the name suggests) but also adds the common features found in M33’s custom firmware. In addition to releasing firmware 4.01 M33, version two of the firmware has also been released fixing a few minor bugs.
The download package includes the files needed to install 4.01 M33 and the M33 v2 update. The Firmware 1.50 Kernel is also included for those who like playing some of the older homebrew games and applications.
Changelog for Custom Firmware 4.01 M33:
- Bug fix: vshmenu didn’t let change camera mode due to camera_plugin using select button. Fixed, now vsh menu will not be loaded when using the camera.
- Recovery can now be translated, See how below. Translation to spanish is auto-included.
- Updated the M33 SDK with a new function and sample, and released the psp-packer tool to compress prx’s and PBP’s in the PSP format.
- The folder of 4.01 and higher homebrew will be GAME4XX so it won’t need change on update.
Changelog for Custom Firmware 4.01 M33-2:
- Nids resolver: Fixed scePowerGetCpuClockFrequency issue. This is the same bug that happened in 3.80 M33-1, it won’t happen again
- Fixes recovery problems that have appeared in prior version (incorrect position of back string in language others than english, enable, and disabled strings not translated in plugins, hide pic0 pic1 couldn’t be changed, language file in flash1 wasn’t working..
- Spanish recovery translation typos fixed.