Dark_AleX has released the fourth update for Custom Firmware 3.71 M33. The update fixes a few bugs in the firmware and now also adds support for multi-disc PSOne EBOOTS. Also included in this release is the the multi-disc popsloader which DAX has been working on for quite some time. Multi-disc EBOOTS can be created using the popstation_md program included in this release. Check out full details below.
Changelog for 3.71 M33-4:
- Bugfix: Multidisc PSOne games bought in the PSN store would not work due to the format being different and M33 treating them as decrypted games.
- Added support for decrypted multidisc PSOne games created with popstation_md (supplied with this release).
Changelog for the new Popsloader:
- Bugfix: Games without compression had sound issues when using 3.72 pops. Fixed.
- Added support for multidisc PSOne games created with popstation_md.
- Note: multi disc games will only work in 3.71 and 3.72 pops. Previous pops will exit to the XMB with generic error 0x80000004 when attempting to run multidisc games.
[Download Custom Firmware 3.71 M33-4]
[Download 3.71 M33-4 Bugfix]
I start to wonder how often DA is checking for bugs now since it seems like more and more of these updates should be to fix minor things rather then to add features…
Ah well, I guess as long as all we are losing are some features only a few of us lose then it isn’t a big deal.