Sony has unveiled yet more good news for Europe at the Games Convention in Leipzig. Go!Explore, the new Satellite Navigation package for PSP is due for release in the New Year. Sony is collaborating with market leaders TeleAtlas and NavNGo and utilising the very latest in map data and navigation software, to combined In-car and Pedestrian GPS navigation application for the PSP. The package will come complete with a GPS receiver and the software UMD software containing your chosen maps.
"Bringing GPS navigation to PSP is simply fantastic and shows again the unrivalled potential of PSP," said Stephane Hareau, PSP European Marketing Manager, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. "Developed in collaboration with key companies TeleAtlas and NavNGo, the market leaders in the map data and Navigation software industry, Go!Explore offers the best and most innovative In-Car and Pedestrian GPS navigation experience. With the ability to use 3D city maps and even 3D landmarks in certain key cities, GPS on PSP is a totally unique experience."
Go!Explore will support 11 unique audio languages on every geographic version; English, German, French, Dutch, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, Finnish. Keeping up with the flexibility and future proof nature of PSP, Go!Explore has access to upgradeable Maps & Points of Interest (POI) that can be purchased via the PLAYSTATION Network, and to additional maps, POI, downloads and other exciting WiFi features that will be made available in the future.
Main Product Features:
- Multiple Languages 11 languages
- Find & Go Easy Search & Smart Keyboard
- Smart Zoom Automatic Zooming & Tilting
- Explore Map Search & Explore the map
- Points Of Interest 100 categories, with thousands of locations
- My Data Favourites, Home, History
- Route Settings Fastest/Shortest; Day/Night Mode;
- Improved Graphics 3D city maps & 3D landmarks;
- Customizable settings Customizable Route Settings & Visuals
- Itinerary Mode Turn-by-turn overview
- 7 geographic versions confirmed (with country maps, hundreds of 3D landmarks and thousands of POIs available) :
UK/Ireland; Iberia; France; Germany/Austria/Switzerland; Italy; Benelux; Scandinavia
Great! This is a “must have”.
Just one question…Will it work in Venice? 🙂