Team Wildcard has released their own custom firmware, based on Dark_AleX’s OE custom firmware. The team reverse engineered Dark_AleX’s custom firmware and then added a few new features to bring you a new custom firmware. Custom Firmware 3.40 LE (Leaked Edition) has all the features of Dark_AleX’s Custom Firmware 3.40 OE, but also included a few extra features such a improved recovery menu. Check out the full list of features below.
Custom Firmware 3.40 LE includes:
- Everything you know and love from 3.40 OE-A
- A sexy new SCEP-style recovery menu
- In-XMB configuration menu
- Auto-detection of the kernel needed for homebrew – no need for GAME150 and GAME340; just put it all in GAME
Instruction on how to install the custom firmware are included in the zip package, but we have also included it below.
3.40 LE – Installation Guide
- Look inside the ZIP file for the folder that corresponds to your current firmware – either Custom Firmware or Firmware 1.50. To install 3.40 , you have to be on one of these. If you’re not already on one of them, what are you waiting for? Downgrade!
- Copy the CONTENTS of the MS_ROOT folder onto the ROOT of your memory stick. This means the place where the ‘PSP’ folder is. It’ll probably tell you that it has to overwrite the PSP folder. This is OK; just click Yes.
- Download the 1.50 and 3.40 firmware EBOOTs. ( included below )
- Rename the 1.50 EBOOT to 150.PBP.
- Rename the 3.40 EBOOT to 340.PBP
- Put both of them in the folder “X:\PSP\GAME\Wildcard All-in-one Flasher”, alongside the EBOOT.PBP file. (X: is your PSP’s Windows drive letter.)
- Go into the PSP’s Game menu, under Memory Stick, and run “3.40 All-In-One Updater”. The installer will build the 3.40 DATA.DXAR file, then launch the flasher to install it. Follow the instructions on the screen TO THE LETTER and you’ll be safe.