Dark_AleX has done it again! 3.30 OE (Open Edition) is the newest version of Dark_AleX’s famous custom firmware, utilizing Sony’s latest firmware update.
3.30 OE-A retains all of the original Sony 3.30 Firmware functions, such as extended PSOne game support, Internet navigator, etc. However, it also includes lots of added features and changes, check out the list below.
- Homebrew support under either 1.50 or 3.30 kernel
- Region spoofing
- Patched a protection that prevents the FW to load higher firmware modules
- Fixed a bug that could have caused instability in 3.10 OE after recovering from sleep mode
- Recovery Mode
- Direct launching of PSOne games (converted with PSP format)
- Direct launching of demos and homebrews
- Possibility of regulating hte speed of the PSP’s processor
- Direct launching of ISOs/CSOs
DAX says this doesn’t support popsloader at the moment due to “Sony rearranging again the module list of pspbtcnf_pops”, but rest assured, DAX will be making a new version that will support all current pops in 3.10 OE, 3.30 OE and maybe 3.03 OE-C.
For the full installation guide, please look over the Readme. Please take care when installing this firmware since you could end up bricking your PSP if not installed correctly.. This can only be installed to PSPs with firmwares 1.50, 2.71 SE, 3.02 OE, 3.03 OE, or 3.10 OE. You will need to downgrade if your PSP has a different firmware already installed. 3.30 OE-A cannot be installed on PSPs running (Official) Firmware Versions 3.10, 3.11, or 3.30.
And the sad thing is I’ve installed it and haven’t even thought about writing about it. I do have to say I’m loving it though since it is nice to conserve on power while in the XMB and have the CPU MHz clocked up for gaming.