Lots of people are unsatisified by the lack of updates and support for the current PSP Modchip, Undiluted Platinum, furthermore, the UP modchip only works on TA-079/TA-081 motherboards. A new PSP modchip has been announced that will not only work better than the UP chip, but is a lot easier to install and works on all motherboards. The modchip, known as PSP Devolution, uses the PSP’s built-in USB port to flash the chip and will come with its own BIOS with extra features.
Here is a breakdown of the features:
- Flash your PSP using the internal USB Port – no additional USB Port required
- Latest ACTEL ProASIC 3 technology
- Low power consumption
- Works on all available PSP versions including PSP with TA-082 and TA-086 motheboards
- Custom BIOS with a lot of cool additional features
- Easy to install – just a bit of soldering skills required, NO hardcore installation