If you picked up inFamous: Second Son at the midnight launch, you’ll notice that a patch for the game is already available to download. The patch makes many tweaks and enhancements to the game, including the increase in difficulty to the Normal and Expert difficulty modes. Karma progression has also been increased to support longer gameplay.
Additional content has also been added with the Paper Trail storyline, which adds “approximately 5 hours of unique gameplay” through 19 additional story mission.
The game engine has also been tweaked to add more activity and life to the city, including more pedestrians and traffic and post-story enemy activity. Finally, Sucker Punch has made some graphic and performance improvements and fixed a number of bugs.
- Normal difficulty has been slightly increased to challenge the player’s mastery of their powers
- Expert difficulty has been fine-tuned to ensure it is the best experience for skilled gamers
- Karma progression extended to support longer playtime
- The boss fights have been re-tuned for difficulty and fun
- More dynamic boss behaviors and attacks
Pedestrians and DUPs
- Engine performance tweaks to allow for more life and activity in the city
- Increased pedestrian and traffic density and variety
- Increased pedestrian-related karmic opportunities
- Post-story enemy activity and D.U.P. raids
- Graphics and performance improvements
- Fixes for a small number of infrequent blocking bugs
- PSN integration to support Paper Trail DLC