DRIVECLUB developer Evolution Studions have clarified some points about the PlayStation Plus version of the game, clarifying that the platinum trophy will be achievable in the PlayStation Plus version of the game. The PS Plus version of the game is the full game, minus a few cars and tracks, but an option to upgrade to the full version will be available at a discounted price.
In addition, upgrading to the full version from the PlayStation Plus version will mean you no longer need a PlayStation Plus to enjoy the game. Other details about the game were also revealed by Driveclub’s design director Paul Rustchynsky and posted on NeoGAF:
- There will be a discount to upgrade to the full digital edition from the PS+ edition, but prices won’t be announced for a few more weeks yet.
- When you upgrade from the PS+ Edition you get the full digital edition which doesn’t require a PS+ subscription.
- You can earn the platinum trophy in the PS+ Edition, remember its the full game minus a few cars/tracks.
- Rear-view mirrors as you’ve seen in the latest direct feed footage just show the environment – you’d be surprised how limited the visibility in the mirrors are for a lot of these cars and for gameplay purposes we want to give the best visibility.
- We are working on a photo mode, but that’s all I can say about it right now.
- You guys wanted uncompressed footage and obviously the PS4 capture utilises some form of video compression to ensure the videos aren’t ridiculously large (the raw direct feed videos we captured are 6GB for 2 minutes of footage).
- We’re working on alternative solutions for trying to get the highest quality vids up online quickly by ourselves.
- No Split-Screen I’m afraid