The launch data for the next-gen PlayStation VR headset has been announced. The PlayStation VR2 will be releasing in February 2023 alongside the PlayStation VR2 Sense controller and Sense controller charging station. The price of the headset has also been revealed, and it’s not cheap.
The PlayStation VR headset and PlayStation VR2 Sense controller will officially launch on 22nd February 2023. The headset will come with the Sense controllers and stereo headphones and will set you back $549.99 / €599.99 / £529.99. Pre-orders begin on 15th November 2022, and for the moment will be exclusively available via PlayStation Direct.
Horizon Call of the Mountain will be a launch title for the new headset, and will be available with the headset as a complete bundle, but also as as standalone title.
- PlayStation VR2
- $549.99 / €599.99 / £529.99 / ¥74,980 recommended retail price (including tax for GBP, EUR, and JPY)
- Includes PS VR2 headset, PS VR2 Sense controllers and stereo headphones
- PlayStation VR2 Horizon Call of the Mountain bundle
- $599.99 / €649.99 / £569.99 / ¥79,980 recommended retail price (including tax for GBP, EUR, and JPY)
- Includes PlayStation Store voucher code for Horizon Call of the Mountain, PS VR2 headset, PS VR2 Sense controllers, and stereo headphones
- PlayStation VR2 Sense controller charging station
- $49.99 / €49.99 / £39.99 / ¥5,480 recommended retail price (including tax for GBP, EUR, and JPY)
- Players can charge the PS VR2 Sense controller through a simple click-in design, without having to connect to a PS5 console – freeing up the console’s USB ports.