Sony has released PS4 Firmware 9.00 to the public today, having been in beta testing for the last couple of months. The biggest change to the PS4 system software in the support for PS5 trophies on the Profile Screen and Trophy List. Just over 10 months after the PS5 launch, this update finally adds PS5 trophy support to the console.
The firmware update also improves privacy features when blocking users, the ability to delete Groups, and improvements to Parental Control features. The final features of the beta are subject to change, but you can see a list of features included below.
PS4 Firmware 9.00 Release Notes:
- You can now view trophies for PS5 games on PS4.
- In (Trophies), you can now view PS5 trophies in your trophy list.
- You can also view PS5 trophies in the trophy list on the profile screen under the [Games] tab.
- In (Messages), we’ve updated the following:
- If you’re the owner of a group, you can now delete it. To delete a group, open the options menu and then select [Delete Group]. If you delete a group, it will be deleted for all members.
- Now when you block someone, you can choose to also leave the group that only you and they are in at the same time. You won’t leave groups that include other players.
- On an Android or iOS/iPadOS device, you can now use the PS Remote Play app to access your PS4 via mobile data.
- The following improvements have been made to parental controls:
- Now when a child requests to use communication features for a game, their parent or guardian will receive a notification on the PS4 and PlayStation App.
- The child will also receive a notification when their parent or guardian accepts, denies or stops allowing the child to use communication features for a game.
- You can now select whether you’d like to receive notifications on your PS4 or via email about new products and special offers. To do so, go to [Settings] > [Account Management] > [Account Information] > [Communication Preferences].