Umihara Kawase BaZooKa! is a fast-paced action game on the PS4 where the players goal is to clear the screen of enemies by performing skillful combos with their Bazooka and an extraordinary fishing rod. The game has 29 trophies, including a platinum, which can be earned in as little as 5 hours.
The guide will refer to Umihara Kawase BaZooKa! as UKB. The game has a total of 4 worlds, split into 9 levels and a boss for each world. The game supports online and couch multiplayer modes, but this isn’t required for the trophies.
|Estimated trophy difficulty||1 / 10|
|Offline trophies||29 (2 , 22 , 4 , 1 )|
|Approximate amount of time to Platinum||5-8 hours|
|Minimum number of playthroughs||1|
|Number of missable trophies||0|
|Does difficulty affect trophies?||No|
|Do trophies stack?||no|
|Do cheat codes disable trophies?||No known cheat codes|
UKB has 4 worlds that you will need to complete, split into 9 levels per world with a boss fight at the end. Luckily, each level only takes a few minutes to complete (skill dependent), so you can get the platinum in around 5 hours.
The platinum can be earned by using every character in the game and completing every level and boss. Only a single playthrough is required as you can skip right to the last unlocked level if you die or run out of time.
Step 1: Get Familiar with the Game & Combat
Challenge Mode is the only mode you really need to play in this game. Start the challenge mode and get familiar with the game and controls. After completing the first 1-2 levels in World 1, you should have unlocked the only two Bronze Trophies in the game:
- Stomp – In Challenge Mode, deal damage with a Double Jump.
- BaZooKaer – In Challenge Mode, fire a Bazooka for the first time.
Step 2: Try Out All the Characters
Play through all 40 levels in the game, choosing a different character every time you die or run out of time. There are 22 playable characters, each tried to a Silver trophy. This shouldn’t take very long, as you only need to start a level with each character.
Each character has their own fighting style and special move, so you will soon discover your favourite character, which you can use to finish the game.
If you really want to whiz through this stage, you can select a new character, start a level and then immediately quit out once the trophy has popped.
By the end of this step, you should have unlocked:
- Umihara Kawase – Start Challenge Mode with Umihara Kawase.
- Silvy – Start Challenge Mode with Silvy.
- Gin – Start Challenge Mode with Gin.
- Donna de Stein – Start Challenge Mode with Queen.
- Nata de Cotton (Fresh!) – Start Challenge Mode with Cotton (Fresh!).
- Nata de Cotton (Origin) – Start Challenge Mode with Cotton (Origin).
- Appli ke Pumpkin – Start Challenge Mode with Appli ke Pumpkin.
- Emiko – Start Challenge Mode with Emiko.
- Nokko – Start Challenge Mode with Nokko.
- Luffee – Start Challenge Mode with Luffee.
- Marin – Start Challenge Mode with Marin.
- Piaa – Start Challenge Mode with Piaa.
- Daichi – Start Challenge Mode with Daichi.
- Tenko – Start Challenge Mode with Tenko.
- Nana – Start Challenge Mode with Nana.
- Lucina – Start Challenge Mode with Lucina.
- Suzuna – Start Challenge Mode with Suzuna.
- Dozle – Start Challenge Mode with Dozle.
- Ariel Sinclair – Start Challenge Mode with Ariel Sinclair.
- Sonic Cat – Start Challenge Mode with Sonic Cat.
- Pochi – Start Challenge Mode with Pochi.
- Uzuki Senba – Start Challenge Mode with Uzuki Senba.
Step 3: Complete All 40 Levels
If you haven’t completed all the levels in Step 2, choose your favourite character and go finish them. If you die or run out of time at any point, you can skip straight to the last level you completed by selecting the world and then the level (press left on the D-Pad to choose the last unlocked level after selecting a world).
The Worlds get harder as you progress, so expect to get stuck a few times in the later levels. There are four Gold trophies for defeating each of the World Bosses. You will have to defeat the boss before you can progress into the next World.
After playing through all 40 levels and defeating the last boss, you should have unlocked:
- World 1 Clear – World 1 Boss defeated.
- World 2 Clear – World 2 Boss defeated.
- World 3 Clear – World 3 Boss defeated.
- World 4 Clear – World 4 Boss defeated.
- Kawase BaZooKa! – Obtain all trophies of Umihara Kawase BaZooKa!