A new patch for Marvel’s Iron Man VR is releasing today, updating the game to v1.06. The free update includes two New Game+ modes, new weapons and a number of quality of life improvements.
The new features and content in this patch are detailed below, which also includes improvements to load times, and skippable cutscenes.
New Game Modes
New Game+ has been added to the game with this update, allowing players to re-experience the story without giving up your Research Points and unlocks for the Impulse Armor. The New Game+ mode will only be available once you’ve completed the game.
And if you’re a hardcore player who has already mastered “Invincible” difficulty, you should definitely give the new “Ultimate” difficulty mode, which has also been added with this patch.
A number of new weapons have been added to the Armor Station, including:
- The Continuous Beam Repulsor
- EM Charge Cannon
- Micro Swarm
- The Gravity Bomb
Other Changes and Quality of Life Improvements
Other new features and improvements to the game include:
- New Custom Armor Decos & Challenges – set of eight Custom Armor Decos have been added, along with new challenges to overcome for unlocking them.
- Improved Load Times – load times have been improved across the board, including 20-30 second decreased times when loading into Shanghai missions.
- Skip Cinematics without Loading on Replay – When replaying missions, either in New Game+ mode or otherwise, you now have the option to skip an upcoming cinematic without having to load into it first if you’ve already completed the mission at least once before.
- Skippable Side Missions – two story missions have been made skippable, if you so choose. You can use the “Skip Mission” button at the globe to advance past these missions, which will count them as “completed,” but you’ll still need to go back and complete it if you want the trophies for them.