On July 24th No Man’s Sky will be getting a massive free update titled “No Man’s Sky Next”. The update brings a full multiplayer experience to the game, as well as other improvements including improved visuals, unlimited base buildings and more. Check out the trailer and patch notes below.
- Team up a small team of friends and explore the universe together, or be joined by random travellers.
- You can help friends to stay alive, or prey on others to survive.
- Tiny shelters or complex colonies that you build as a team are shared for all players.
- Fight as a pirate or a wingman in epic space battles with friends and enemies.
- Race exocraft across weird alien terrains, creating race tracks and trails to share online.
- Character customisation allows you to personalise your appearance.
- The game is fully playable in third or first person, both on-foot and in ship.
- Planetary rings and improved space visuals make space more beautiful than ever.
- Dramatically improved planetary terrain generation, ground textures, water and clouds bring the environment to life.
- Significantly more detail added to ships, NPCs and buildings.
Unlimited Base Building
- Bases can now be built anywhere on any planet.
- Dramatically increased base building complexity and size limits.
- Hundreds of new base parts.
- Own multiple bases.
- Assemble and upgrade a fleet of frigates and command them from the bridge of your freighter.
- Send your fleet out to into the universe, or deploy them to help you as you explore a specific system.
- Improved freighter base building allows a truly custom capital ship.
- Invite your friends aboard and take on challenging multiplayer missions from the Galactic Commision Station on your bridge.