Sony has (finally) confirmed the existence of The Last of Us for the PS4, which will be called The Last of Us Remastered on the next-gen console. The PS4 has helped Naughty Dog remaster the PS3 game in 1080p resolution with a list of upgrades including higher resolution character models, improved shadows and lighting, upgraded textures, along with even more improvements.
In addition to all the technical updates, it also includes an exclusive director’s commentary for all in-game cinematics featuring Creative Director and Writer, Neil Druckmann; Game Director, Bruce Straley; Voice Actor, Troy Baker, who plays Joel; and BAFTA Award winning Voice Actress, Ashley Johnson, who plays Ellie.
The PS4 version of the game will also include a selection of the extra DLC released on the PS3, including:
- Left Behind single player expansion
- Abandoned Territories multiplayer map pack
- Reclaimed Territories pack – details will be coming soon on exactly what is included
If you pre-order the game, you can also bag the following pre-order bonuses:
- 100 Supply Points (XP) for use in Factions mode
- Two special bonus skins for Joel and Ellie which will be unlocked after your complete the single player campaign
- Increased Crafting Speed for use in the Single Player Campaign
- Increased Healing Speed for use in the Single Player Campaign
- 9mm Reload Speed Increase Upgrade for use in the Single Player Campaign
- Rifle Clip Capacity Increase Upgrade for use in the Single Player Campaign
The Last of Us Remastered releases in Summer 2014.