Sony has officially released PS4 Firmware v1.50 via the PlayStation website for North American gamers to download in time for the PS4 launch this Friday. The 308 MB patch can be downloaded onto a USB drive before you get your hands on the console and installed to the system when you receive it, saving you some time on launch day.
On your USB drive, create a folder named “PS4”, and then inside that folder, create another folder named “UPDATE”. Then copy theinto the UPDATE folder and you’re all set for launch day.
The patch includes the following features:
- Remote Play using the PlayStation Vita
- Second screen gaming using the PS4 Link app for PlayStation Vita and mobile devices
- The ability to record and share screenshots and video
- Use of Ustream and Twitch apps
- The ability to play games as they are downloading
- The ability for four users to log into the PS4 simultaneously
- Party chat
- Facial recognition and voice commands
- A background music player
- Online multiplayer through PlayStation Plus
- Blu-ray disc and DVD player capabilities
The official update is also different to the update file found in October.