The Last of Us has received a massive new patch, updating the game to version v1.03 and adds a number of multiplayer fixes as well as an all-new multiplayer game mode: Interrogation. The patch is rolling out across all regions over the next 24 hours so don’t panic if you haven’t recieved the update yet.
The new Interrogation is an objective game mode where both factions attempt to interrogate the opposing forces during the match, in an effort to unlock the enemy lockbox. For more details on Interrogation mode, and the additional fixes deployed in patch 1.03, here’s the changelog:
Changelist for Patch 1.03
- Fixes for “It’s me” and “By any means” cinematics in the Cutscene Viewer.
- New game mode — Interrogation
Interrogation is a 4v4, two-part objective game mode where rival factions vie to find and open the other faction’s lockbox, stealing the supplies inside. Each team must first achieve five interrogations of players on the other team.
Players can get interrogations by shivving an enemy, or getting an enemy into the down state, then pressing triangle while next to them. Once your team collects five interrogations the location of the enemy’s lockbox will be revealed. Your team must attempt to open the lockbox before the other team can collect five interrogations and open your lockbox first. Whichever team opens the opposing team’s lockbox first wins.
- Revive range has increased slightly (about 1 meter). It’s more difficult to crawl out of range when a teammate is reviving you now.
- Players can prevent opponents from finishing Executions/Interrogations so that the opponent does not receive Parts for the special Execution/Interrogation. The downed player will still lose their life, but this makes preventing Executions/Interrogations more helpful to your team, as you prevent the other team from gaining Parts.
- Matchmaking update: players should find opponents around their level of experience more often, and teams should be balanced more evenly.
- Item cache locations adjusted for balance on University, High School, Lakeside, and Downtown.
- Starting cameras adjusted so they show your player with greater frequency.
- Item cache disbursement tweaked so additional items are given out more fairly.
- Winning a Survivors match by a count of 4 rounds to 0 now means your team will get more bonus parts for winning the match by that margin. This applies for games with scores of 4-1, 4-2, etc. as well. Rewards are tiered by how dominant your team is. This system is in place for Interrogation mode as well.