At Sony’s Gamescom Press Conference, the company has announced that a new LittleBigPlanet is in the works, and will be free-to-play. The game will be coming to the PS3, but no release date was revealed. As with previous LBP titles, the game will allow users to create levels and characters using various tools, objects and accessories.
LittleBigPlanet Hub will be completely free to download, and available from the PlayStation Store later this year. All the existing content available for the previous LBP titles will be available to purchase for the game.
To help you get started in LittleBigPlanet HUB, everyone will have access to these great features!
- A brand new level chock full of goodies to collect, exclusive to LittleBigPlanet HUB!
- Free access to the first worlds from both LittleBigPlanet 1 and LittleBigPlanet 2. That’s 16 free levels and all the goodies and costumes contained within are yours to collect and keep!
- Unrestricted access to LittleBigPlanet’s Create Mode and a full range of tools from both titles to create your very own levels!
- The LittleBigPlanet Team Picks! Our weekly updated collection of some of our favourite community levels. That’s more than 500 levels at the moment and growing each week!
- Exciting Weekly Challenges! A whole new way to pl ay LittleBigPlanet!
If you won the previous games, you’ll be able to import your profile across to the new game, and everything you have previously purchased for either title will automatically be available to you in LittleBigPlanet HUB.