Recently, multiplayer mode for the upcoming Tomb Raider game was officially confirmed, and now more details about exactly what it entails have been revealed. Taken from the February 2013 issue of the Official Xbox Magazine from an interview with Crystal Dynamics, the article reveals lots of information about the game mode.
The article mentions details including:
- Team Deathmatch is in.
- “A team of Lara’s surviving allies pitted against a group of hostile natives cutely referred to as “scavengers.””
- Best-of-three matches, alternating between sides.
- “An immediate wrong turn out of our cavernous base … had us sliding down a rocky water tunnel…”
- “The maps aren’t too wide open”
- “Lever-baser traps that shot spikes out of walls, climable surfaces, destroyable environmental elements (like bridges), and weaponry like Lara’s now trademark bow and arrow.”
- Second game type “Rescue” survivors have to collect a certain amount of med-packs and deliver them to rotating destinations while scavengers must reach a certain kill count.
- Rescue gives survivors a “bleed-out” time, that you can cut short with a “brutal” melee finisher.
- “Wind Chasm” was the map they played on. Tropical, with traps, vantage points and junk.
- “Dropped hints about a mode called “Cry for Help,” which apparently will place a strong emphasis on discovery and collection.” Adventure as opposed to combat game type.
- Unclear if any other modes available.
- “Select from a deep roster of characters.”
- “Different stats and loadouts.”
- “Primary firearm/bow, sidearm, grenade style projectile, climbing axe that serves as a melee.”
- XP gained can go to altering stats and purchasing more advanced characters.
- No Lara in multiplayer that he saw.
- Can chose the same character as a teammate.
- Some single player actions have been sped up for sanity-sake.
- “Goes on to note that it may seem odd that this historically loner heroine now has a whole roster of companions…”
- Goes through the same old campaign points; hanging upside down, falling onto spike, running through cave, Sam, wolf, bear trap, blah blah blah.
- Bow can be used to distract enemies.
- More QTE’s.
Tomb Raider is due for release on the PS3 on March 5th 2013.