Bioware have announced that new multiplayer DLC for Mass Effect 3 will be available this week, titled “Retaliation”. In the new downloadable content, the fearsome Collectors re-surface, this time as a playable faction across the multiplayer modes. The DLC will be completely free to download after downloading the latest patch for the game.
Some of these new features are:
- New “Hazard” Versions of Existing Maps – Wage war across six maps as a regular rotation of Firebases will be introduced to different hazards and traps. Survive the onslaught of Acid, Lightening,Meltdowns, Sandstorms, Swarms and Whiteouts!
- New Deadly Enemy Faction – Prepare to face off against the Collector Praetorian, Scion,Abomination, Trooper, and Captain. Reports have also come in that Cerberus has enlisted theDragoon to their ranks and the Geth are deploying new Drones to the battlefield.
- New Unlockable Weapons – The Collectors have also brought deadly new weapons to the fight: theCollector Assault Rifle, Sub-Machine Gun, and Sniper Rifle. Unlock these weapons and new equipment upgrades to build to your arsenal.
- New Class Kits to Unlock – A host of new characters have joined the war to fight this new threat, including the Turian Havoc Soldier, Turian Ghost Infiltrator, and more added as the weeks progress.
- New Powerful Upgrades – Outfit your weapons with three new ammo modifications and fortify your gear with five unique upgrades to defeat even the toughest foes.
- New Multiplayer Challenge Feature – Think you are the best soldier in the Alliance? Make sure to track your progress in the new “Challenges” database. Complete various multiplayer assignments and feats of strength to unlock titles and banners to display in-game, and then compare your progress against your friends
Mass Effect 3: Retaliation will be available for download on the PlayStation Store in North America on October 9th 2012, followed by Europe on October 10th 2012.