SSX update version v3.0 has gone live on PS3, according to an announcement from Sony. The update includes two new game modes and plenty of fixes and improvements to the game. A complete changelog for the patch can be found below.
3-2-1 Go! Events
- The first new game mode is a completely new way to play SSX online on Global Events.
- When looking at your wall or browsing the globe, you will now see certain events indicated as 3-2-1-GO! These events allow you to compete with up to 5 riders simultaneously in fast paced Trick It and Race It Heats.
- In these events, the helicopter acts as your lobby. After joining 3-2-1-GO! Event you will be taken to the top of the drop, where you will then wait in the helicopter for other riders to join. As soon as at least one more rider shows up, you can choose to buy into the event and ready-up!
- Once at least two riders have readied, a countdown timer will begin, and when it reaches zero the heat will start with all riders jumping out together for a single trip down the mountain with no restarts.
- Once everyone makes it down to the bottom, the event ends and everyone collects their credit rewards. You are then given the option to return back to the top or follow a RiderNet recommendation to another 3-2-1-GO Event.
- 3-2-1-GO! Trick Events introduce a countdown timer for the entire run, so the winner is determined by who can post the highest score AND cross the finish line before the clock hits zero.
- The amount of time given on every drop varies based on the length of the track and the Heat Pacing setting – Hyper, Standard or Relaxed.
- Regardless of the setting, you’re going to want to keep an eye on the clock during your run – if you don’t cross the finish line before it reaches zero, you will finish the heat with a big, fat, ZERO!
- For 3-2-1-Go! Race Events, it’s simple: be the first rider to cross the finish line to win! As soon as the first rider crosses the finish line the heat timer will start a countdown, and you will have a matter of seconds to cross the finish line to qualify. Fail to cross the finish line and you will receive a DNF. Nobody wants that!
- Finally, if you want to compete against only your friends or with a specific set of rules on your favourite drop, you can create custom 3-2-1-GO! Race and Trick events that will run multiple heats on that drop for a set amount of time and with whatever rules suit your fancy.
- The other new way to play SSX is one of the most requested modes from the community – Freeride. Navigate to any drop on the globe in Explore, and before selecting your track you will now see a button callout in the bottom left of the screen called Freeride.
- After going through the regular flow of selecting your rider and gear, the helicopter will drop you off and you will no longer see the HUD.
- There are no rules, no ghosts, no clock, no score and no other riders. Just you, the mountain and your music, free to explore your surroundings at your own pace and with your own style.
- Once you’ve reached the bottom, the helicopter will be waiting to take you back to do it all again. Ride for as long as you like and enjoy some of the most breathtaking scenery found in the world of SSX.
Fixes and Improvements
- In addition to the new game modes, EA have made many improvements to the title, here are a few highlights:
- SSX Update feature: Brings you all the latest information you nee to know about any future updates or fixes to the game.
- There was an issue with collecting a large amount of Geotags that resulted in a crash. This issue is now fixed.
- There was an issue with earning a large number of Credits in your bank. Having a couple of billion credits in your bank account can now only be considered a good thing!
- A fix has been implemented in the lifetime earnings display to reflect the above fix.
- If you have not already earned any of these 3 global event badges, the game will grant them to you automatically when you join any Glob Event: “Part of the Crowd”, “I Want To Belong” and ” Bandwagon”. EA have also fixed a rare problem with “The Gold Miner” not unlocking correctly for some players.
- If you are a popular player with many friends, you have probably grown frustrated with the speed and performance of the Returned menu. This is now much improved.
- Players with many friends have also likely experienced an issue with RiderNet not remembering some of your Global Event information, or even the fact that you had paid and entered certain events from time to time. The saving and loading of this information has also been greatly improved.