A new system software update (v4.00) is now available to download. In preparation for the launch of PS Vita in Japan, this update will prepare the PS3 to serve as a content management device. It will allow users to copy their media content such as games, music, photos, and videos between PS Vita and PS3, back up PS Vita save data to your PS3 hard drive, and update the system software for your PS Vita system using the network features of your PS3.
PlayStation Vita system compatibility
- You can copy content such as music, videos and images, games, and other applications between the PS3™ system and the PS Vita system.
- You can back up the data saved in the PS Vita system to the PS3™ system disk drive.
- You can update the system software for your PS Vita system using the network features of the PS3™ system.
- [Delete PS Vita System’s Backup Files] has been added as a feature under (System Settings)
- [PS Vita System Application Utility] has been added.
- Upscaler output and Cinema conversion are now supported for Blu-ray Disc™ (BDMV) content. “Blu-ray Disc™” and “Blu-ray™” are trademarks of the Blu-ray Disc Association.
- You can now select the items you want to update under [System Settings] > [Automatic Update]. This feature is exclusively for use by PlayStation Plus members.
- Game patches
- System software
- Recommended games and videos
- Sync trophy information
- Two new system languages have been added: [English (United Kingdom)] and [Portuguese (Brazil)] are now available under [Settings] > [System Settings] > [System Language] .
- [Privacy Settings] has been added as a feature under [Account Management] > [Account Information].