Gran Turismo 5 is getting a massive update to the game. Yamauchi-san and the Polyphony team have been closely monitoring the feedback of the dedicated and discerning GT5 community. As a result of this, we have seen significant support for GT5 in the form of regular functionality updates.
Today, details of Functionality Update 2.0 were revealed. The update will be available for download on the 11th October, completely free to download.
Here’s the rundown on what you can expect to see in the update.
- All ‘standard’ cars will now feature an interior view, the level of detail will vary from car to car, but now for the first time you will be able to literally get behind the wheel of all the cars in the game.
- Players can now save their progress during endurance races and return to the fray at a time of their own choosing.
- For fans of the stateside motoring championship NASCAR, there is a package of 11 NASCAR 2011 cars.
- There has also been improvement to the weather settings in the game and now players can incrementally adjust weather settings for race start and race end.
Additional features of this update are:
- Photo Travel Mode updates
- Shortening of load times and improved menu response
- Improved car physics simulation, further evolved A.I.
- Improved and enhanced user interface
- Support for the Logitech G25/G27 steering wheels
- New features in the Online Lounge
This is what series creator Kazunori Yamauchi had to say about the new content.
“The coming Gran Turismo 5 Spec 2 update is an update that contains the feedback from the users playing GT5 online every day. We have added cars such as the newest NASCAR race cars, but many of the updates are those that improve usability and expand the field of game play. I believed from the initial release of Gran Turismo 5 that it would be the users that would make the game grow thereafter, and we added things like interior views for the standard models because there was a lot of request for it from our users. You could say that this update is the shape and form of GT5 that was created through the opinions of our fans.”
As if this massive update was not enough, we will soon be getting details of a forthcoming package of exciting DLC for GT5 that will include new vehicles and tracks plus a host of other additional new content. Keep an eye out for details very soon.