Starting today, all PlayStation 3 players are invited to take part in the much anticipated Battlefield 3 Open Beta. Played on the Operation Métro map in Rush mode that won the Best Action Game and Best Multiplayer Game at E3, this is your chance to experience one of many flavors of Battlefield 3.
To download the Battlefield 3 Open Beta, just follow these instructions:
- From storefront, click on Demos
- Click on A-C or the ‘latest demos’ section
- Locate the Battlefield 3 Beta
Make sure to also head to the free social platform Battlelog to check your in-depth stats progression, start your own Platoon, and see how your friends are doing in the news feed. To get you started on the Operation Métro map, here are some playing tips straight from DICE.
DICE’S TOP 10 BATTLEFIELD 3 OPERATION MÉTRO TIPS
- Stick to your team mates, and remember to spawn on them to stay close to the fight.
- Use your kit specific abilities to help your team mates. Assault can hand out med kits, Engineers can repair vehicles, and Support can hand out ammo.
- Make sure, when you have armed an M-COM station, that you defend it to make sure it is destroyed.
- The bombed-out tunnel section in Operation Métro is an excellent place to use a flashlight as one of your weapon attachments. Use it to light the tunnels up – and to blind your enemies.
- Attach bipods to your weapon and deploy it automatically by pushing up against cover or going prone and zooming in – this gives you a huge increase in accuracy and stability.
- Use suppressive shooting (fire close to enemies behind cover) to negatively effect the enemy’s fighting capabilities.
- Watch out for falling debris as this can hurt you. But you can also hurt your enemies by taking out buildings with the Engineer’s RPG.
- Shotguns are excellent for CQC (Close Quarters Combat) in the tighter tunnels sections.
- Fire automatic weapons in short bursts for accuracy, or switch to single fire mode if applicable.
- To grab your enemy’s dog tag as a souvenir, do a stealth knife kill from behind.