PlayStation Home is proud to announce a brand new client update to the platform this week. Version 1.50 is available to download now and it gives developers a suite of exciting new technology that enables them to create more sophisticated and realistic multiplayer gaming experiences for you.
The technology updates include:
- Real-time Multiplayer: Improved networking allows fast-action online multiplayer games to be created, such as first-person shooters and online racing games.
- Physics: Developers now have improved access to the core elements of the Havok physics engine, resulting in more sophisticated and realistic gameplay.
- Animation & Graphics: More control over animation and graphic settings means developers can create better looking games than ever before.
Moving on to this week’s content update, which is also available now, you can find:
- Head to the Audi Hub for a free apartment where you can play a new multiplayer game: the Audi S1 Sledge Multiplayer Game.
- Sodium’s robot tanks have invaded Home Square this week. Head straight over to play the TankTop 1.0 demo and quell the robotic uprising.
- Sodium Personal Space called Blaster’s Paradise is available from the Lockwood Store.
- New furniture for your personal space in Cucumber’s signature style.
- Check out the selection of free SOCOM: Special Forces t-shirts and posters, plus a paid-for Bomb Technician outfit. Items are in Threads, Furniture and Alter Ego respectively.