The SOCOM 4 PlayStation Plus beta can now be downloaded from the PlayStation Store. The beta runs from March 23rd to March 28th 2011, with each day offering something different. Check out the game schedule and match types for the beta below.
Here’s what game types you can expect to see starting today:
- Wednesday (3/23) – Uplink, Classic Uplink, Suppression, Classic Suppression
- Thursday (3/24) – Last Defense, Classic Last Defense, Uplink, Classic Uplink
- Friday (3/25) – Bomb Squad, Classic Bomb Squad, Last Defense, Classic Last Defense
- Saturday (3/26) – Sniper Alley (Custom), Last Defense Run ‘n Gun (Custom), Bomb Squad, Classic Bomb Squad
- Sunday (3/27) – Scrum (Custom), Community Day Classic (Custom), Sniper Alley (Custom), Last Defense Run ‘n Gun (Custom)
- Monday (3/28) – Suppression, Classic Suppression, Scrum (Custom), Community Day Classic (Custom)
The multiplayer beta includes two maps, Port Authority and Assault & Battery, and offers a variety of built-in game-types and custom game-types:
- Suppression: The SOCOM take on team deathmatch.
- Last Defense: Capture controls points, discover the enemy base and destroy it.
- Uplink: Steal enemy data and deliver it to your base.
- Bomb Squad: Defend your bomb technician while he disarms enemy explosives.
- Sniper Alley (Custom): An 8 vs. 8 version of Classic Suppression with higher damage. Weapons are limited to sniper rifles, shotguns, smoke grenades and poison gas.
- Last Defense Run ‘n Gun (Custom): Faster movement speed and reduced damage are applied to 16 vs. 16 Last Defense with weapons restricted to only shotguns and SMGs.
- Scrum (Custom): Suppression is given rule tweaks of no respawn, faster movement and higher damage, while sniper rifles, frag grenades, concussion grenades and poison gas are disallowed.
- Community Day Classic (Custom): A medley featuring Classic versions of all four game types (Suppression, Last Defense, Uplink and Bomb Squad) with increased speed and weapon restrictions placed on ranged explosives. Each game type is played over 11 five-minute rounds.