The SOCOM 4 Multiplayer Beta will roll out in four separate phases. It’ll begin with a small, private group and then expand weekly from there until it’s freely available to everyone! The date to look out for is April 5th 2011, when the beta goes public to all PS3 users on the PlayStation Store.
Here’s the schedule for each of the beta’s rollout phases:
- On March 15th, a private beta goes live. We’ll be contacting eligible players soon.
- Beginning March 22nd, PlayStation Plus members will gain access to the beta.
- On March 29th, anyone with a beta code included with Killzone 3 gains entry.
- Starting April 5th, the beta will be freely downloadable to anyone via PlayStation Network.
The beta is scheduled to run until April 13th, at which point the servers will be taken down in preparation of SOCOM 4?s retail release on April 19th!
In PAL regions, the Beta will roll out in two separate phases. It’ll begin with PlayStation Plus subscribers and then it will be available to download from PSN store for everyone! Here’s the schedule for PAL regions.
- Beginning March 23rd, PlayStation Plus members will gain access to the beta.
- Starting April 6th, the beta will be freely downloadable to anyone via PlayStation Network.