A new patch for ModNation Racers will be released this week, bringing many improvements to the game. The patch will be available to download on August 4th 2010 and will feature improved load times, a new “Casual” difficulty mode, as well as fixing bugs and exploits in the game. Check out the changelog below.
- Load Time Improvements
While there are still loads, you will see decreases in load times throughout the game.
- New “Casual” Difficulty Mode
We’ve added a “casual” difficulty setting in the options screen.
- Challenge friends in XP Series
We’ve added the ability to invite your friends to XP Races & Series.
- No more “Hot Lap” Cheaters
We fixed a bug that allowed players to cut the track and post unbeatable times in Hot Lap.
- Get into Online Races Quicker
Along with improved load times, we’ve removed the online game room from the ModSpot so you can get into the race faster.
- Improved Server Stability
We’ve addressed issues to improve intermittent disconnects that players were experiencing.
- Three Challenges now more attainable
We wanted to provide you challenges, but didn’t want to sacrifice fun. We found 3 challenges that proved extremely difficult and changed the conditions to complete them. This includes:
- Devastator takedown on Wild Run
- Devastator takedown on Modobahn
- Sideswipe 3 opponents on the cliff side on Fracture
- The Tin Bucket Unlocked!
Finally this is an item is unlocked and available to everyone by default.
- Collector Card Improvement
Now see all player creations in their entirety.