Firmware 3.30 added new Remote Play functionality that could be used from Sony VIAO PCs allowing you to remotely access your PS3. Sony has officially announced the first laptop to make use of this new functionality, the new Vaio P (P11S1E) ultraportable. Now, not only can you connect to your PS3 using a PSP, you can also use a PC.
The new Sony Vaio P will be available in five vibrant colours (black, white, pink, green and orange) and is expected to launch in June. No pricing has been announced yet, but the geeks can check out the tech specs below.
Sony VAIO P11S1E Technical Specifications:
- Processor: 1.86GHz Intel® Atom Z540
- OS: Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium (32-bit)
- Memory: 2GB DDR2 SDRAM
- SSD: 64GB SSD Flash Drive
- Screen: 20cm (8”) VAIO Display Plus (1600×768)
- Graphics: Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 500
- Colours: Orange, Green, Pink, Black or White
- Weight: 0.632kg (with supplied battery)
- Dimensions: 120 x 19.8 x 245 mm (D x H x W)
- Battery life: Up to 5 hours (MobileMark 2007) / Up to 10 hours with extended battery (BPL23, sold separately)
- Others: Accelerometer; GPS and Digital Compass; WLAN 802.11b/g/n; Everywair 3G up to 7.2 Mbps; Bluetooth 2.1+EDR; stereo speakers and microphone; MOTION EYE® camera; 2xUSB; Quick WEB Access, Assist, Change Resolution buttons