The Sony Motion Controller was named at the Game Developers Conference 2010 in San Francisco, back in March 2010, but the accompanying controller was not. Sony has finally named the nun-chuck like accessory, calling it the Navigation Controller. Not very original is it? The official product page has also been updated to reflect the new name for the device.
Unlike the Wii nun-chuck controller, the Navigation Controller is completely untethered from the Move Controller itself. In addition, the Navigation Controller also has the following features:
- Wireless control completely untethered from the PlayStation Move motion controller.
- Intuitive navigation of in-game characters
- Easy and intuitive XMB menu navigation.
- Built-in rechargeable Li-ion battery
- Charge the controller and automatically pair with the PS3 system via a USB cable
- Up to two motion controllers and two navigation controllers can be connected at once to the PS3™ system.
- DUALSHOCK 3 wireless controller can be used in place of the navigation controller for all games that are compatible with the navigation controller
The Nav-controller… i can get used to that.