Last week, we reported that Japan will be getting a DVR Kit similar to PlayTV in Europe, called Torne. More details about the add-on have been revealed since, and we were surprised to see trophy supported amongst the list of features. The “Master of Final Episodes” trophy will be unlocked once the user has watched enough final TV show episodes.
The remaining feature list is quite similar to that offered by PlayTV. Torne supports:
- Full High Vision Viewing and Recording
- EPG Compatibility
- Subtitle Broadcast Compatibility
- Dual language compatible
- Can write PSP data
- Compatible with PSP remote play
- Fast view playback
- Visual scene search
- Surf the net while viewing
- Torumiru view (a means of checking the viewing trends of other viewers)
- Trophy Functionality
- And more…
Lets hope the PlayTV add-on gets similar treatment via a firmware update in the near future. I’m sure gamers in Europe will love to unlock trophies by simply watching TV.