Naughty Dog announced today that the multiplayer demo will be available for everyone to download on the PlayStation Store starting at 11 a.m. PST / 7pm BST. The demo has been available to those who pre-ordered the game for a few weeks now, and will continue until October 12th. Once the retail version of the game is released, all stats from the Beta server will be reset.
The multiplayer demo includes four maps, four competitive modes, and two co-op modes. That includes two new maps, two new competitive modes, and one co-op more than the original multiplayer beta in June. The demo also includes Cinema, which allows you to record gameplay data for your competitive multiplayer matches. Essentially, you can watch your own matches, take your own screenshots, and make your own machinima videos.
The Public Beta contains:
- Four maps – The Ice Cave, The Temple, The Village and The Plaza
- Deathmatch, Elimination, Plunder, Chain Reaction, Co-op Gold Rush and an extract from one of our Co-op objective levels
- The Machinima mode, where you can run around the levels and tweak the camera so you can create movies which you can then watch in Cinema mode
- Cinema mode, where you can watch movies of your online matches, or your performances in Machinima mode, then upload them and send them to your friends (as long as they’ve got the Beta to watch it on of course)
- Twitter option – enter your twitter account details and you’ll automatically tweet status updates of your online progress
- Store items – we’ve included a selection of the Skins, Boosters, and Taunts as well as all the Co-op Weapon Upgrades for you to spend your hard earned ingame cash on